Your Next Vacation Must Have: Coconut Oil
Planning a backpacking trip or a vacation to a hot location? Lucky you! But, whatever you do, make sure to pack your coconut oil. Coconut oil is so versatile you can pretty much use it for anything. Due to all its multiple uses, coconut oil can replace a lot of the beauty products you would otherwise have to bring and will free up so much room in your bag! Read about all the ways coconut oil will come in handy on your next trip below:
1. Moisturizer: If your skin is feeling a little on the dry side, use coconut oil to help soften any dry areas. Our favourite way is to apply it directly after the shower. Check out our favorite homemade recipe here.
2. Sunscreen: Coconut oil has a natural SPF of about 10 so it can be used to help ward off sun rays. Another bonus is that it doesn’t contain any of the chemicals found in regular sunscreen like oxybenzone and retinyl palmitate, both of which are linked to cancer.
3. Anti-bacterial Lotion: We don’t recommend traveling without a legit first aid kit but in case you cut yourself and you find yourself without any antiseptic lotion, apply some coconut oil. Coconut oil has antibacterial properties and can possibly help deter infections.
4. Sunburn Soother: If you spent a little too much time in the sun use coconut oil to soothe a sunburn and keep your skin hydrated while it heals.
5. Insect Repellant: Slather on some coconut oil to ward off certain insects such as sand flies on the beach. The oil creates a barrier for your skin which can stop sand flies from biting you. Be sure to re-apply after swimming.
6. Mouth Rinse: Obviously our personal favourite. Use one of our flavoured coconut oil sachets every morning and swirl around in your mouth for 10-20 minutes to freshen your breath and whiten your teeth. (Bonus: This will help relieve hangovers!)
7. Chapstick: Use on dry lips to help keep them moisturized.
8. Hair Detangler: Use as a conditioner or make a homemade hair mask to help smooth out, condition, and detangle your hair.
9. Make-up Remover: Rub coconut oil over your eyes to help remove stubborn waterproof eye makeup.
10. Shaving Lotion: Bring your coconut oil into the shower with you to keep your legs soft while shaving. Besides, it won’t run off your legs before you can even start shaving like regular shaving lotion.
Well there you have it. A few different ways you can put your coconut oil to good use and lighten up your back pack! Do you have any other ways you use coconut oil while travelling?