10 Ways to Use Coconut Oil On Your Baby
You may already know how to incorporate coconut oil in your own lives, whether it be in your oil pulling, healthy eating routine or beauty regime. But did you know you can also use it to treat and heal a variety of different issues that your baby or child may encounter? Coconut oil has a smaller molecular makeup than other oils, making it easier to absorb into the skin, reaching deeper into your connective tissues to heal and soothe irritated skin. Here we provide 10 different ways you can incorporate organic coconut oil into your baby or child’s life.
1. Diaper Rash: Rub coconut oil onto your baby’s diaper rash to help relieve itchy, irritated and dry skin. The antimicrobial properties of coconut oil ensure that future rashes do not continue to occur.
2. Minor Burns: Apply coconut oil onto minor burns to help soothe inflamed and irritated skin.
3. Cradle Cap: Apply coconut oil to your baby’s scalp daily to help relieve scaly and flaking skin. The antimicrobial properties of coconut oil will help to fight this common fungal infection.
4. Teething Pain Reliever: Apply coconut oil to your baby’s gums to help relieve pain and irritation of teething gums.
5. Ear Infection: Using a Q-Tip, apply coconut oil to your child’s ear area (be careful not to apply too far into the ear canal) to help relieve pain, inflammation, and even help fight the ear infection.
6. Baby Acne: Smooth coconut oil onto affected areas to help fight baby acne to get that baby soft skin again.
7. Eczema: Apply coconut oil to affected areas to help treat eczema before relying on strong topical ointments. It has been shown to soothe skin and provide a protective barrier for painful sores and exposed, cracked skin.
8. Chicken Pox: Try directly applying to chicken pox spots on skin as well as getting your little one to ingest a teaspoon of coconut oil to help reduce itchiness, prevent scarring and reduce the duration of this annoying virus.
9. Meconium: Wipe away this stubborn fecal matter that occurs during your baby’s first bowel movements easily using coconut oil.
10. Lice: First rinse hair with apple cider vinegar and then apply coconut oil to the entire scalp and the rest of your child’s hair. Cover your child’s hair with a shower cap and leave on for the rest of the day to kill lice. Shampoo out.
Well, there you have it. Were any of those recommendations surprising to you? What are some of the ways you have used coconut oil on your child or baby? Let us know in the comments below!